Jehovah Power Miracle Tabernacle (JPMT) is a Pentecostal Christian Church with the Headquarters in Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria. It was founded in 2009 by God through Prophet Mike Olubunmi Aremu Agboola. The Church is a revivalist ministry, the Holy Ghost “fire distribution” centre, where Christians around the globe gather to experience the in-filling of the Holy Spirit.
The Church started as a Christian fellowship - meeting on Sundays in the founder's sitting room. With the help of the Holy Spirit, the number of the congregation tremendously increased, and the fellowship was moved into a car garage along Aromolaran Street, Ibadan. At the meetings, the power of God came down, and diverse miracles were wrought in the lives of some people. After two years of inception, the Church finally moved into its present location, behind the Zenith Bank, along Iwo Road, Ibadan.
God gave Prophet Mike Agboola the mandate to preach the power of the Holy Ghost. Thus, he centered his teachings on how to receive the Holy Spirit, and the works and power of the Holy Spirit in the life of every Christian.
The Church which was formerly known as Jehovah Power Ministry, held its first Sunday service on the 7th April, 2012 with about 100 adult members in attendance. The power of God began to popularize the Church prayer meetings; and a spiritual explosion began with people coming from far and near to seek the face of God. The growth gave rise to the expansion of the Church; and that called for the search and the eventual purchase of the church’s present location. At the present location, the turnout of people seeking the face of the Lord quickly rose past one thousand congregant within a short period of time, which called for further expansion.
The Church ordained its first set of ministers (Two Pastors and five Evangelists) in 2013 during the Founder's Fourth Year Anniversary Celebration. The vision of the church is to spread the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ and release the captives by the power the Holy Spirit.
1. To preach, teach, and spread the gospel message of Jesus Christ all over the world;
2. To live a fulfilled life, because man is born to take dominion over the natural world ;
3. To deliver the captives through the power of Jesus Christ;
4. To provide assistance for the needy in the society;
5. To manifest the power of God through prayer ministry;
6. To contend earnestly for faith through the power of the Holy Spirit;
7. To pursue, ensure, and enhance holiness and teach it in all sincere purpose;
8. To uphold the standard of God's word for Christian living;
9. To lead men to the old path of righteousness, holiness, and peace with God and man;
10.To take dominion, as the Bible states in Genesis 1:26
“Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creeping things that creepeth upon the earth.”